Safety Data Sheet Print Date: April 7, 2016 (Replaces May 13, 2015)
Product Name: AAT-320
• Product Use: Professional Pressure Sensitive Adhesive
• Manufacturer: Advanced Adhesive Technologies, Inc.
424 South Spencer Street
Dalton, GA 30721
• Emergency telephone number: Chemtrec 1-800-424-9300
• Classification of the substance or mixture This product does not meet the criteria for classification as hazardous under the GHS and 29 CFR 1910.1200
• Label elements
• GHS label elements Void
• Hazard pictograms Void
• Signal word Void
• Hazard statements Void
• Classification system:
• NFPA rating (scale 0 – 4) Health = 1 Fire = 0 Reactivity = 0 1. Identification 2. Hazard(s) identification 5
• HMIS-rating (scale 0 – 4) Health = 1 Fire = 0 Physical Hazard = 0
• Chemical characterization: Mixtures
• Description: Adhesive
• Dangerous components: No hazardous/reportable components Cas # 7732-18-5 Water 31-48%
• Trade name: AAT-320
• Description of first aid measures
• After inhalation: Overexposure, remove to fresh air and seek medical attention.
• After skin contact: Immediately wash with water and soap and rinse thoroughly.
• After eye contact: Rinse opened eye for several minutes under running water.
• After swallowing: Do not induce vomiting; immediately call for medical help.
• Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed: No further relevant information available.
• Indication of any immediate medical attention and special treatment needed: No further relevant information available • Extinguishing media
• Suitable extinguishing agents: CO2, extinguishing powder or water spray. Fight larger fires with water spray. 3. Composition/information on ingredients 4. First-aid measures 5. Fire-fighting measures 6 Use fire fighting measures that suit the environment.
• Special hazards arising from the substances or mixture: Dried solids can burn and release toxic fumes and vapors.
• Advice for firefighters
• Protective equipment: Protective clothing and respiratory protective device.
• Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures Wear protective equipment. Keep unprotected persons away. Ensure adequate ventilation
• Environmental precautions: Dilute with water.
• Methods and material for containment and cleaning up: Absorb with liquid-binding material (sand, diatomite, acid binders, universal binders, sawdust) Wash area thoroughly with water. Dispose of contaminated material as waste in accordance with federal state and local regulations. Ensure adequate ventilation.
• Reference to other sections See section 7 for information on safe handling See section 8 for information on personal protection equipment See section 13 for disposal information • Precautions for safe handling Avoid prolonged or repeated contact with skin. Avoid contact with eyes. Wash thoroughly after handling. • Information about protection against explosions and fires: No special measures required. • Conditions for safe storage, including any incompatibilities 6. Accidental release measures 7. Handling and storage 7 • Storage • Requirements to be met by store rooms and receptacles: Store above 40°F. Freeze-thaw stable up to five cycles at 20°F. • Information about storage in one common storage facility: Not required • Further information about storage conditions: Protect product from freezing. • Specific end use(s) No further relevant information available. • Additional information about design of technical systems: No further data; see item 7 • Control parameters • Components with limit values that require monitoring at the workplace: This product does not contain any relevant quantities of materials with critical values that have to monitor at the workplace. • Additional information: The lists that were valid during the creation were used as basis. • Exposure controls • Personal protective equipment (see listings below) • General protective and hygienic measures: The usual precautionary measures for handling chemicals should be followed. • Breathing equipment: Not necessary if room is well-ventilated • Protection of hands: Protective gloves The glove material has to be impermeable and resistant to the product/the substance/ the preparation. • Material of gloves: natural rubber • Eye protection: Safety glasses with side shields • Body protection: Protective work clothing • Information on basic physical and chemical properties • General Information • Appearance: Form: Heavy liquid Color: white to light beige • Odor: Acrylic • Odour threshold: Not determined •pH-value at 20°C (68°F): 7.5-9.5 • Change in condition Melting point: Undetermined Boling point: 212°F (100°C) • Flash point: Not applicable • Flammability (solid, gaseous): Not applicable • Ignition temperature: 8. Exposure controls/personal protection 9. Physical and chemical properties 8 Decomposition temperature: Not determined • Auto igniting: Product is not self igniting • Danger of explosion: Product does not present an explosion hazard. • Flammable limits: Lower: Not determined Upper: Not determined • Specific gravity at 20°C (68°F): 1.05 – 1.07 • Relative density: Not determined • Vapour density: Not determined • Evaporation rate: Slower than ether • Solubility in/Miscibility with Water: Miscible in water, difficult to mix • Solvent content: Organic solvents: 0.0% Water: 31-48% • Other information: California VOC Compliance: Solvent Free Product SCAQMD Rule 1168: VOC compliant • Reactivity • Chemical stability • Thermal decomposition/conditions to be avoided: No decomposition if used according to specifications • Possibility of hazardous reactions: No dangerous reactions known. • Conditions to avoid: No further relevant information available. • Incompatible materials: No further relevant information available. • Hazardous decomposition products: Carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide • Information on toxicological effects • Acute toxicity: • Primary irritant effect: • on the skin: May irritate the skin • on the eye: May irritate the eye • Sensitization: No sensitizing effects known. • Additional toxicological information: The product is not subject to classification according to internally approved calculation methods for preparations: When used and handled according to specifications, the product does not have any harmful effects according to our experience and the information provided to us. • Carcinogenic categories: • IARC (International Agency for Research on Cancer) None of the ingredients is listed • NTP (National Toxicology Program) None of the ingredients is listed • OSHA-Ca (Occupational Safety & Health Administrations None of the ingredients is listed 10. Stability and reactivity 11. Toxicological information 9 • Toxicity • Aquatic toxicity: No further relevant information available. • Persistence and degradability: No further relevant information available. • Bioaccumulative potential: No further relevant information available. • Mobility in soil: No further relevant information available. • Other adverse effects: No further relevant information available. • Waste treatment methods • Recommendation: Comply with current regulations •Uncleaned packaging: • Recommendation: Comply with current regulations. • Safety, health and environmental regulation/legislation specific for the substance or mixture • Sara • Section 355 (extremely hazardous substances): None of the ingredients is listed • Section 313 (Specific toxic chemical listings): None of the ingredients is listed • TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act): All components of this product are on the TSCA Inventory or are exempt from TSCA Inventory • Un-Number • DOT, ADR, AND, IMDG, IATA Not regulated • UN proper shipping name • DOT, ADR, AND, IMDG, IATA Not regulated • Transport Hazard class (es) • DOT, ADR, AND, IMDG, IATA • Class Not regulated • Packing group • DOT, ADR, IMDG, IATA Not regulated • Environmental hazards: Not applicable • Special precautions for user Not applicable • Transport in bulk according to Annex II of MARPOL73/45 and the IBC Code Not applicable • Transport/Additional information: DOT, ADR, IMDG, IATA – Not regulated in transport. Not dangerous according to the above specifications. • UN “Model Regulation”: 12. Ecological Information 13. Disposal Considerations 14. Transport information 15. Regulatory information 10 requirements, • Proposition 65 • Chemicals known to cause cancer: None of the ingredients is listed • Chemicals know to cause reproductive toxicity: None of the ingredients is listed • (DSL) Canada Domestic Substance List All components of this product are on the DSL (Canada Domestic Substance list) or are exempt from SDL requirements • Cancerogenity categories • EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) None of the ingredients is listed • TLV (Threshold Limit Value established by ACHIH) None of the ingredients is listed • NIOSH-Ca (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) None of the ingredients is listed Although the information and recommendations set forth in the SDS are presents in good faith and are believed to be correct as of the date of this SDS, AAT makes not representations as to the completeness or accuracy thereof. Information is supplied on the condition that the persons receiving and using it will make their own determination as to the suitability for their purpose prior to use. In no event will AAT or any affiliate thereof be responsible for damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from the use or reliance on the information set forth in the SDS. Department issuing SDS: Environment protection department Creation date: May 1, 2015